Tea smoked duck recipe
how to make tea smoked duck
- 2 whole Ducks
- 4 cups rock salt
- 100g black tea
- 50g brown sugar
- 50g rice
- 20g black pepper whole
- 20g star anise
- 20g Szechuan pepper
- 2T Soy sauce light
- 2T sesame oil
- 20g Coriander seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a spice grinder mix 2T of the rock salt, black pepper, star anise, cinnamon, Szechuan pepper & coriander seeds until a powder
- rub the duck with sesame oil and spices, add soy and rock salt
- Place ducks covered with mixture and refrigerate over night
- The next day rub salt mixture of duck carefully not to remove all the spices, place in a Chinese steamer and steam for 1½ hours until the leg meat is tender.
- Remove the duck from the steamer and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Remove the breasts and legs from the carcase & refrigerate.
- Fry duck in oil - fryer or wok at 180 degrees for 4 minutes until crisp
- To serve
- Fry duck in oil - fryer or wok at 180 degrees for 4 minutes until crispy
- Serve with some steamed Chinese broccoli and soy or what ever accompaniments you like.
Try this amazing duck recipe for your next dish.