Shiitake Chicken Soup, a great simple Chinese broth for all occasions. It’s important to use a good broth as the base for your chicken soup, this recipe is quick and very simple to follow, it is a great refreshing and healthy soup to enjoy all year round.
Shiitake Chicken Soup
- 3cups Chinese chicken stock
- 1tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ tbsp finely julienned young ginger
- ¼ tsp white sugar
- 200g free range chicken breast, slice into 2cm
- 50g fresh shiitake mushrooms (Remove the stem and finely sliced the caps)
- 2 bok choy (Remove cores and cut crossways into 4. Wash and drain)
- ½ cup fresh bean shoots
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander and mint
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- Salt and white pepper
- Boil stock in a lager sauce pot. Add soy sauce, sugar, ginger and mushroom. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken, simmer for 1 min. Toss bok choy in and simmer until chicken just cooked through.
- Serve with bean shoots, coriander and mint and sesame oil.
Here is another delicious soup starter when holding your next party catering in Melbourne.