Mushroom & Noodle Soup
Notes: This soup can be used with a wide variety of Chinese mushrooms and noodles, some of our favourite mushrooms are, oyster, shitake & wood ear. This soup is very quick to make and can you don’t have to have or use all ingredients listed as the flavours from the other ingredients are very strong especially the mushrooms.
- ½ small cucumber, julienne
- ½ carrot, julienne
- 250g fresh Hokkien noodles
- 400cups Chinese vegetable stock
- 2tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ tbsp julienne young ginger
- ¼ tsp white sugar
- 1 stick of celery, finely sliced
- ¼ cup julienne spring onion
- 50g fresh oyster mushrooms, remove stem
- 100g fresh shiitake mushrooms, remove stem and slice caps
- 50g snow peas, trimmed
- 1cup finely shredded Chinese cabbage
- ½cup fresh bean shoots
- ¼ cup Thai basil
- 1 red chillies, finely sliced
- Salt, white pepper and sesame oil
- Rinse noodles well under hot water, then drain in a colander.
- Bring stock to boiling. Add soy sauce, sugar and ginger. Stir to combine.
- Add noodles and celery, simmer for 1 min. Mix carrots, mushrooms, snow peas and cabbage.
- Add salt, pepper and sesame oil. Sever with spring onion, cucumber, bean shoots, chilli and Thai basil.
Mushroom Noodle Soup
If you would like to know where to get some good mushrooms from go and visit Damian Pike the mushroom specialist at the Prahran Market, he specialises in all mushrooms and has French, Australian & Chinese mushrooms available.