King Prawn & avocado salad can be served as a entrée, or at a cocktail party for more substantial foods. This dish has proved popular with our cocktail catering events. We buy the size U8 king prawns from Queensland, and peel and cook them in our commercial kitchens, we find that this size provide the perfect amount of meat for eating. Here is a list of other prawns available in the Market place you can buy in Australia as well as the best avocados avaliable. Below is a quick video by Gordon Ramsay on how to peel and de vain prawns.
King Prawn & avocado salad
- 500g Cooked king prawns peeled, i use the U8 size
- 2 each Avocado- diced
- 2 each Butter lettuce - i like to use green and red mixed
- 2 each fresh bullet chilli, finely chopped
- ½ bunch Chives chopped
- ½ bunch Parsley continental chopped
- 10 each basil leaves
- 2 each lemons juiced
- 1pce garlic finely minced
- 50ml Extra virgin olive oil
- pinch sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- add all ingredients into a salad bowl and gently mix
- serve immediately
There are four types of prawns commonly found in Australia which include; king prawns, tiger prawns, banana prawns & endeavor prawns, the king prawns are the probably most popular.