Gluten-free red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting
Cakes are an integral part of our memorable celebrations. We need some mouthwatering cakes to celebrate our ceremonial occasions. There are various options and recipes to cook the best cake for the ceremony. A red velvet cake is one of the most delicious cakes to commemorate the occasions. It has been around for a long time. It is one of the famous cakes consumed in the world. A red velvet cake is perfect for any memorable celebration.
A red velvet cake looks like classic moist fluffy. It is a delicious cake using the ingredients like cocoa and creamy buttermilk flavor. It is also one of the easiest cake recipes to cook at home for your celebrations. You can prepare it as an amazing birthday cakse and anniversary cake to express your deep love to your close ones. It is the perfect festive dessert for the celebration. All layers of this mouthwatering cake are just fantastic for the party. It is one of the unique and appetizing cake to give some surprising moments of the day. A red velvet cake is a pleasing combination of cocoa and buttermilk with red colored frosty multilayers. Red velvet cake mostly looks fluffy and moist with the edible sweet red coloring. This red velvet cake looks delicious and tastes so rich. The cream cheese frosting makes it attractive and doubles the sweetness of the cake.
Here is the complete detail of ingredients and easy method to prepare a gluten-free red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting.
Serves: 6 | Prep: 1hr | Cook: 30 min
Ingredients for the preparation of gluten-free red velvet cake:
- ¾ cup of refined brown rice flour and ½ cup of sorghum flour.
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour.
- One teaspoon of xanthan gum.
- One teaspoon of baking soda.
- One tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- 1½ tablespoon of distilled white vinegar.
- A half cup of vegetable oil.
- 2 ½ cups of red food coloring or beetroot for natural colors.
- A half tablespoon of salt.
- One spoon of white vinegar.
- Four eggs at room temperature.
- One tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- 1 ½ cup of buttermilk.
- 1 ½ cup of granulated sugar.
Ingredients for cream cheese frosting
- 1 ½ cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened.
- One cup of cheese (brick).
- 3 cups of icing sugar.
- One teaspoon vanilla extract.
- One teaspoon lemon juice (optional).
Methods of preparing the gluten-free red velvet cake:
- Firsts step is to preheat the oven to around 350°F (177°C) and take two medium-sized pans.
- Now do non-sticky spray inside the pan to make it perfect for baking.
- Take a medium size bowl, place the refined brown rice flour, sorghum flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking soda and cocoa powder, and whisk to combine well. Mix the whole mixture gently and set the bowl aside.
- Take another bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter gently until light and fluffy. Then add granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla extract, salt, and food coloring. Beat until light and fluffy and mix it well using the blender but don’t overmix.
- Now add the equal mixture quantity in the two pans and put it in the preheated oven for baking. After 30 minutes of cooking and take out the pans.
- Now put these baked sponges on the wire rack for cooling.
- While the cakes are cooling, make the frosting mixture in the clean bowl. Take a large bowl with a hand mixer, then beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Now add the powdered sugar or icing sugar and mix until incorporated.
- Add vanilla, a pinch of salt and lemon juice. Then mix it gently until fluffy for the frosting.
- Now apply the frosting on the cooled cakes. Take a cake plate and place about one cup of frosting on top and spread into an even layer. Use the cake spatula for frosting it well. You can cover the entire top and sides of the cake in a thin layer of frosting. Then place it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- After frosting, you can spread the edible sweet red colored powder on the top of the cake. It gives an entire red texture to this red velvet cake. You can also use chocolate flakes for garnishing the cake.
Your cake ready to get served with a creamy smooth texture which will the perfect for sending it to your dear one. As you all know Raksha bandhan is about to come and this is the right time to choose the perfect gift for your siblings and this is the best one for making this more special so send rakhi online along with this delicious cake.