Notes: This soup can be used with a wide variety of Chinese mushrooms and noodles, some of our favourite mushrooms are, oyster, shitake & wood ear. This soup is very quick to make and can you don’t have to have or use all ingredients listed as the flavours from the other ingredients are very strong especially the mushrooms.
Chicken Soup, a great simple Chinese broth for all occasions. It’s important to use a good broth as the base for your chicken soup, this recipe is quick and very simple to follow, it is a great refreshing and healthy soup to enjoy all year round.
Tuscan Sauce, to my knowledge this sauce comes from a region in Italy called Montepulciano, it is a classic simmered sauce with veal, pork & chicken
Green Pepper corn sauce recipe, to get this sauce right you have to start with a Veal stock, good sauces take time and attention but they add the finishing touches to any dish.
- 1 kg chicken wings chopped into small pieces
- 10 shallots, sliced finely
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced finely
- l head garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 dstspn green peppercorns
- l cup brandy
- l tblspn sherry vinegar
- 375 ml port
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 litre veal stock
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- 6 tblspns cream
- 50 gms butter
- green peppercorns, flame with brandy, add sauce and finish as per method 5
- Saute the chicken wings in hot vegetable oil until golden brown
- Drain the wings in a colander and fry the mushrooms and shallots in some vegetable oil in a heavy based pan, add the garlic and allow to colour slightly
- Deglaze the pan with the sherry vinegar add the port, reduce by half
- Add the chicken wings, stocks and herbs. Cook this gently or an hour. Strain the stock, return it to the pan and reduce it by half. Reserve until needed
- When ready to serve whisk in the cream and butter, season and serve.